If you are looking for an easy and entertaining resource for kids' ministry, 30 Simply Fabulous Bible Skits for Kids is the perfect book for you!
This book features 15 Bible story-based skits from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament. Designed for use with 3 or more kids, these skits will help get your group out of their seats and involved in telling Bible stories. Because the skits are written in reader's theater style, kids don't have to memorize their lines ahead of time. These teacher-tested and kid-approved skits are simple to perform, requiring minimal props and preparation. Just photocopy the scripts you need for the number of children in your group and let the fun begin!
Features and Benefits
- Book features 15 Bible story based skits from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament.
- Intro page for each skit gives Scripture reference, main idea, Bible background, New Testament/Old Testament connection, key verse, cast (what kids you'll need to select for the performance), props, if any, topics that go along with the skit, and stage tips
- "How to Use this Book" section included at the beginning of the book.
- Material can be used by a teacher for small group programming or children's church, summer programs, or other programs.
- Skits appropriate for children ages 8 and up (third-fourth grade reading level) and are written in reader's theater style, so kids don't need to memorize lines.
- Skits include Adam and Eve, Noah and the Zoo Cruise, Joseph's Journey from the Pit to the Palace, Naomi's New Family, David and Goliath, The Birth of King Jesus, The Return of Lazarus, Jesus Is Alive!, Saul Sees the Light!, Paul Is Shipwrecked, and many more.
About the Author
Steven James has penned more than 35 books, spanning the genres of thrillers, prayer collections, dramas, monologues, creative storytelling, YA fantasy, and inspirational nonfiction. He has received critical acclaim for his work, including four Storytelling World Honor awards, two Publishers Weekly starred reviews, and three Christy Awards for best suspense. Steven has a master's degree in storytelling and speaks at churches and conferences around the world. Steven lives with his family in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains of east Tennessee. When he's not writing or speaking, he's rock climbing, playing disc golf, or slipping away to a matinee.